Friday, October 26, 2012

Just more photos to summarize my life

Nathaniel and I took a trip to Vermont to escape the daily grind here and spend time at a relaxing retreat, New York City, and all over the place...

I lived in Bennington, VT from age 7-17... It's a truly beautiful place that I can now appreciate as an adult...



My old house/7 acre yard... I really miss that garden!


A 306 foot tall monument that was in my front yard...




We stayed at my awesome piano teacher's house... With a bunch of other musically inclined, friendly, awesome people!


We were fed very well...


And among great people...




Robert Frost's grave... Where I'd write poetry as a teen...





Nathaniel has always wanted to go to Peru... But this had to do...




The scenery was awesome...
(And clearly so are we!)








Saturday, Nathaniel bought train tickets for us to go to NYC from Albany, NY... About a 2.5 hour ride... But worth it as his brother, Dan (who lives in NM), was there!










The gift shop manager who remembered me after 13 years!


We had 15 hours to spend exploring NYC... So we made the most of it...Saturday, the 6th of October...

Empire State Building...


















Nathaniel and Dan




A triangle of awesome





Awww



Times Square...


Met up with a good friend of Nathaniel's... She is pretty awesome!






And Dan... Who graciously let us crash for the evening in his hotel room...



Then back to Vermont for more good food, fun, friends and hot tubbing...
(Rough life???)


A new friend, Joe


And the woman of the house, Polly, who hosted us and made us feel welcome!




Great food before taking off... The blue benn diner, one of my childhood favorites...








One of my childhood best friends, Jessica. She's a mommy now!!



All In all, an amazing weekend! We can't wait for next year!!

The kids missed me...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment