Monday, September 23, 2013

Putting One Foot In Front of the Other One...



This became somewhat of an anthem for me today during my long run with Jax.  I had a feeling that this morning was not going to be a good one in terms of my arthritis because it literally took over an hour to get moving and out of bed... and even after my pain meds and stretching/shower, I was still feeling pretty crummy.  My knees, ankles, hips, hands and elbows felt hot and flu-like and I was pretty tired. 

I had also gotten some new shoes and was excited to try them out but we had gone just 0.3 miles when I realized that they made my feet feel like lead and they were uncomfortable.  However, I knew that we needed to get this done to the best of  our abilities my inability. 

My knees and ankles throbbed.  My hands felt like lead weights at my side... everything hurt.  There were tears shed.  It was pretty awful and defeating.  But I had my best friend at my side as motivation.  As we ran loped along....

It was emotional for several reason... for the first time, I was faced with my arthritis really being a limiter and that was a difficult pill to swallow.  It was also time to really process my divorce and everything that comes along with that. 

There's way more I want to write about but my eyelids are closing and it is getting very late!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment