Thursday, December 29, 2011

Body image

I have struggled with body image my whole life...however, since having kids, I've realized the importance of being a good influence on my daughters by having a positive outward body image. I make sure to celebrate myself and them in hopes that when they hit awkward stages and the time (that will undoubtably come) when adolescents lean towards hating themselves... They will have enough of a positive body image base from childhood to carry them through.

Right now, they both stand on the scale and celebrate weight gain. I know it is foolish to believe that this will carry through to adulthood... But for now, let us celebrate their gains and bodies and relish in the fact they are their own biggest fans.

In other news, we are of to lake Tahoe tomorrow for an awesome weekend with some of our favorite people. My mom is coming as well and she and the girls are staying in a nearby cabin. They should have an amazing weekend although it is warm up there right now with limited snow.

I'm looking forward to 2012... 2011 was a great year and I think life will only get better!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Hazard Center Dr,San Diego,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment