Monday, July 12, 2010

I've been a huge slacker...

...and I've not blogged in a few days.

this weekend was awesome. we got some awesome training in and spent time among triathletes... what more could I ask for?

Saturday, we hit up the Triathlon at Treasure Island. Turns out, this is the race that NBC has the "biggest losers" do. So there were about 50 people, former contestants and staff from the show competing. Now, I'm really not "star struck" but I definitely have triathlon fever... so to me, taking 50 people who could at one point in their lives, barely walk... barely run... hardly swim...etc... and turn them into triathletes... completely amazing. Jax and I had some truly inspiring, amusing, fascinating, great conversations with so many people that day... who they are isn't important... but know that there's so much more to all of them than just characters as portrayed on tv. But most importantly to me - they are athletes... TRIathletes now...and as you all know - that's what I find to be the most interesting and inspirational. There's something to be said about hard work, perseverance, and achievement. Who I find to be the most inspirational are the so many athletes as part of the challenged athlete's foundation. These are the most amazing, incredlble athletes I've ever had the pleasure of watching. If a person can do a triathlon with one leg, no legs, no arms, one arm, etc... there should be NO EXCUSE for anyone to at least TRY to achieve their goals.

Jackie and I took our kids to the Challenged Athlete's Foundation's Triathlon Challenge... as a part of this, there were events for the CAF kids... I want my kids to see a person with no arms or legs and think "hey, s/he is a triathlete" (even if they aren't LOL) not... "s/he has no arms..." --- but that's when you realize that there ARE NO excuses... That anything is possible. That you can do anything you put your mind to with hard work, dedication, and perseverance....and just in thinking about that, in writing those words... I am pumped for my race. I am going to achieve it, because I am putting my mind to it.



As for our trip, after Inspirational Saturday, the rest of the weekend was spent training and doing a tiny bit of relaxing...

...and now here we are... at just about 18 days until the race. I am trying to remain as optimistic as possible.

...but for now, I must sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment