Friday, February 4, 2011

ouch!!

So I've probably mentioned it before, but I have a degenerating disc in my neck as well as some pinched nerves in my neck and shoulders. My MD is actually surprised that I do as much as I do...but really, it's not so much a matter of it being painful WHILE I'm doing things - adrenaline takes over - and I'd much rather self medicate with adrenaline than any of the other medications that they've given me.

Today I went in for a cervical spine epidural (or something along those lines)... and was told to "take it easy" this weekend... so I clarified what that meant, because I plan to do several things this weekend. The answer: No bikram, long rides, or a run tomorrow. I can run Sunday and ride "gently" tomorrow. Super.

Well, the lidocaine from the procedure is wearing off and my shoulder HURTS. I hope it dissipates. Long, fun weekend ahead.

I leave you with a quote from one of my favorite transcendentalists... Mr Ralph Waldo Emerson...

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. And when we bring what is within us out into the world, miracles happen."

Ok, life... you've thrown me a few curves... now to BRING IT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment