Monday, February 7, 2011

this is for you, Sophie!!

I always appreciate your thoughts and opinion!! You are such an awesome person, and I definitely admire and look up to you for all that you've accomplished and continue to accomplish. Really, I think you're awesome...and appreciate your concern, advice, and conversation!! Merci beaucoup, mon amie!!

In fact, I met with my coach last Thursday and we devised a plan that will (hopefully) enable me to reach my goals AND have more time for myself. My training plan has been cut from approximately 15 hours per week (and mind you, I was very rarely hitting this mark) to around 9:30-10. This is do-able for me. I have approximately 1-1.5 hours of training for 4 days of the week, with Mondays completely off (unless Jason is in town and I voluntarily decide to go to the RU class) and a hill-style trainer workout (approximately 1.5 hours) on Tuesdays, a run wednesdays (1-1.5 hours), a TT style trainer workout (1.5 hours) on Thursday...a run on Friday... a long bike/swim on Saturdays followed up with a run/recovery ride on Sundays... and to fit in a lunchtime swim or run when possible. This is definitely something that I can accomplish, and I am looking forward to putting it to action this week.

This weekend, though... this weekend is Enduro Camp... a century (100 mile) bike ride on Saturday followed up with a 13.1 mile run on Sunday... my legs will be toast. Hopefully, this doesn't crush my already dwindling motivation... maybe it will re-charge and re-motivate me. We shall see. I do know that I am looking forward to the time spent in the company of good friends.

Yesterday, Randi and I went out and HAMMERED IT on the Silver Strand with our race wheels. I love riding with her and we have great conversations that always motivate and inspire me. Randi is an amazing friend, athlete, and person and I look up to her for her strength, determination, and how successful she is in life. I'm really looking forward to our NOLA adventures and any other adventures that the future has in store for us. It has been a great couple years that I've gotten to know her, and I'm pretty sure we'll be in contact for life (she'll never be able to get rid of me... LOL)


Then, after our awesome ride, I got to explore the trails for an hour with my awesome BFF, Jax... We always have the most amazing, deep conversations about life...and the most ridiculous conversations about random things less important. Before Jax, I had never had a true female best friend... I've never really been able to get along with females...but she has definitely shown me that it is possible. She keeps me balanced and grounded, and I am thankful to have her in my life.

Well, now that this post as turned into a "why I love my training partners," I should probably go back to my 12 page research paper that is due for my class at midnight tonight. Why do I procrastinate?

My paper is about social (primarily family) influence and eating disorders. Good thing this the last paper that I have to do before I go on LOA for 3 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment