Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ONE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy wow... one month until the race. One month to fully prepare myself mentally and physically for the "big day." One month to be all that I can be, train as hard as I can train...and try to break down the mental walls that seem to be conquering me harder than the physical challenges of this training.

I really need to start meditating again, practicing visualization techniques and self-motivation. I need to drop the negative self talk and replace it with only positivity. I need to truly BELIEVE that I can accomplish all that I set out to do. I suppose I just sound like I need to convince MYSELF, right? I just need to accept the fact that I can, in fact, actually embrace the term "athlete" and allow myself to fall under that category... I AM an athlete, right?? I mean, some days I definitely do not feel like one... I feel like a wannabe... a fake... a phoney...I feel like I have the drive and desire but lack the physical prowess to back it up.

But you know what... I can do this. I CAN do this. I WILL do this. I am GOING to do this. I am ABLE to do this.

Tonight, Randi and I swam 3300 yards...It was supposed to be 3000... but I get so wrapped up on my music and start jamming out... next thing I know, 3000 turns into 3300...and I'm flying (well, not really) down the lanes, oblivious to the world around me. Bobbie also gave us some pointers and a lesson on reaching and pulling... now, in the words of Randi "If only I can implement it..." But it's getting better.

In any case, I am excited for the weekend.... I can't wait to get back to Mission Trails with Jackie and explore the "finer" parts of San Diego via bicycle... Tomorrow = bike, run, swim... Friday = my birthday fun... and then... then comes the glorious weekend...

I WILL DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment